This website is run by Diagnostics North East. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website, and we have designed it to be accessible.
How you can use this website
On this website, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- zoom in up to 500% with text staying visible on the screen, and most images scaling without resolution loss
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- read most of the website using a screen reader, including the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- read most of the website on devices without a screen, like a braille computer
We’ve made the website text as simple as possible to understand, using plain English wherever possible. Some of our content is technical, and contains scientific terms and language. In some instances, we have not been able to simplify the wording without changing the meaning of the text.
How to get information in an accessible format
If you have problems accessing information on this website, or would like any of our work in a more accessible format please email us details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request, and aim to respond within 5 working days
Reporting accessibility problems
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of the website.
If you find any problems which aren’t listed on this page, or think that we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, then please email email@example.com with the details to let us know and help us improve.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Issues with technology
The vast majority of our website works correctly on any web technology.
For security reasons, we only support TLS 1.2 and higher security protocols, and this means that some older browsers will not show the site.
How our site looks and work is based on HTML5, and we test for and support the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (versions in support)
- Mozilla Firefox (versions in support)
- Microsoft Edge (versions in support)
- Apple Safari (versions in support)
We also test in the Lynx browser to ensure that the site renders correctly for non-screen users.
Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, and while the site may work in more recent versions of IE, we do not recommend its use.
You may experience unexpected behaviour in other browsers, although we use fully validated code which should work on any other browser.